Friday, November 18, 2011

A friend passes

(Sometimes I am annoyed at the phrase "passes" and want to call a spade a spade.  Just say she died.  But when it touches deep into my heart, and I see through the mist on the mountain side I know she is just beyond, passed from  the physical realm and still ever so close.)

I hung out at Mignon's in high school, called her folks "Mom" and "Dad."  Time and life separated us.  We reconnected in August on Facebook.  We had two strong interests still in common and many more to explore.  Wolves and rocks.  She raised wolves.  My power animal is a wolf.  And I would have loved to shared my interest in the energies of stones.

Mignon died October 22.  A sadness lingers.  This morning I dreamed of her mother.  When I made the bed, I found this tarot card under the covers.



No comments:

Post a Comment