Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chicken Track Jasper

We had eight hens, black austrolorps, buff orpingtons, rhode island reds.  After rain pelted the plains, the girls would go out for a twilight stroll.  The uppidy/downy impressions in mud were random markings I never managed to catch in a tight shot.


Today I went to my neighbor Ruth's and she grinned with delight when she told me about gathering rocks last weekend.  Had I ever seen Chicken Track Jasper?  I'd never heard of it, let alone seen it.

Chicken Track Jasper is mined nearby on the Oregon/Nevada border and is a form of picture jasper.

Discovered in a dry lake bed, its rough outer appearance would be little to crow over and probably bypassed by many. However, as all the treasures of Mother Earth, when cut and polished a remarkably beauty is revealed.  


Chicken Track Picture Jasper is noted for its distinct mountain and desert scenery with blue sky and brown mountains.  

Metaphysical properties include:  stimulates brotherhood; invites protection from danger; for travelers, energy level is enhanced and negativity repelled.  It reduces stress, boosts energy and is grounding.


Ruth gave me a splendid piece of Chicken Track Jasper, the sun setting behind pined mountains, river flowing forward into my palm.  Thank you, Ruth!



(Thanks to internet for photos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment