Saturday, March 17, 2012

Do you have a favorite deck?

Which ever deck I hold in my hands seems always to be my favorite!  Today a card from the Morgan-Greer Tarot fell to the floor...from somewhere!  The magic of working with these cards.  The deck was tucked in a lovely velvet bag on the other side of the room.  That's how the cards work, how a deck calls me.

The Morgan-Greer Tarot is an excellent deck for beginners, and a welcome breath of fresh air for those long blessed with tarot decks.

 In the  Rider-Waite tradition, the art work cleverly does a close up of the action. The cards are uniquely borderless, like you're in the scene, not observing from a distance.

I sorted my cards, the Majors and the suits into Rods, Cups, Swords, Pentacles, just checking to tally 78.  Except for that wayward card, the remainder was in order. 

The Court Cards: Page, Knight, Queen, King

Major Arcana: Fool, Magician, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, Lovers, Chariot, Strength, Hermit, Wheel of Fortune, Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgement, The World.

The Fool is 0.   Strength is 8  and Justice is 11.  I always check.  This is my preference though they are often reversed.  The natural progression of the Fool's journey seems to want Strength in the 8th position.

Whatever deck dances into your hands this day, enjoy its gift, the color, design, history and message for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment